Fashion blogger, Artist, and student of Dental Surgery living in Dubai طبيبة اسنان ومدونة ازياء وموظة وفن .. عراقية في دبي

ZUBAIDA ALI
City inspirations with one of Dubai's original bloggers from Butterhotshoes
Holding the fort as the city's social network queen, Zubaida Ali is a 22-year-old Iraqi blogger and fashion-obsessive living in Dubai. Her Butterhotshoes blog encapsulates the bubbling energy of Middle Eastern fashion.

Satellite Voices: What’s your occupation... a) during the day and b) at night?
Zubaida Ali: During the day I'm a Dental Surgery student, and at night or free hours I am a fashion blogger.


SV: Where do you live and what inspires you about that area of town?
Zubaida Ali: I live around Mirdif Dubai - it's a very cosy quiet suburban area so most of my outings happen outside of that area. Generally speaking, Dubai itself is inspiration to me. It inspires me to depend on my artistic and business mind. It also inspires me to develop and look towards a bright future.

SV: How long have you lived in your city and brought you there?
Zubaida Ali: I've been living in Dubai for eight years now, we moved here after living in Abu Dhabi for a little while where my Dad was the Ambassador of Iraq so after the war we decided to move to Dubai because we noticed it was blooming and believed it was more our type because it's a very youthful city and I've been loving it ever since.

SV: What does your city mean to you?
Zubaida Ali: Dubai means life to me. I think because I lived in so many countries throughout my life I compare and contrast between the cities I lived in and when someone asks me which one's my favourite I always say Dubai because it's so full of life and energy. It's a constantly blooming beautiful flower in the middle of the desert. How can you not love it?

SV: Can you talk about the best creative youth cultures in your town?
Zubaida Ali: I lean more towards the fashionable and artistic circles. I love that individuals are becoming more aware of fashion and art in Dubai, there are so many fashion bloggers, designers, and artists. In Dubai, when you have an idea, like a design or a business idea, you can always try it out because there is always someone who will support you. There's something for everyone in Dubai.

SV: What are your plans for the weekend?
Zubaida Ali: I am going to hang out with friends at my favourite restaurant La Petite Maison at DIFC for dinner on Friday. On Saturday I will be out horse riding in Khawaneej and shooting in Jebel Ali!

Satellite Voices
Text by Kate Hazell

2 تعليقات

أحدث أقدم